Here's our 2012 Schedule!
Entertainment and Activities:
- 3:00-8:00 pm Artificial Ice Rink at the Gateway Community Park Deck
- 6:00-8:00 pm Giant Snow Globe at the Owego Fire Station, North Avenue
- 5:00-8:00 pm Antiques & Collectibles Market, 45-50 Dealers filled with Holiday treasures, Elks Emporium, Front Street
- 5:30-8:00 pm O'Tannenbaum Christmas Tree Display, Tioga County Historical Museum, 110 Front Street
- 5:30-8:30 pm Spectacular Art Show at Artisan's Townhouse, Lake Street
- 5:30-8:30 pm Free Massages by the Finger Lakes School of Massage at the TC Arts Council, 179 Front Street
- 5:30-8:30 pm Ice Sculptor, Sean Taylor, near First Niagara sidewalk, Lake Street
- 5:30-7:00 pm Miss Bubbleheart, The Clown, Facepainting near the Snow Globe, Front Street
- 6:00 pm LIGHTS TURNED ON COUNTDOWN- switch thrown by Santa - south Courthouse Square. Countdown led by Lew Sauerbrey of WEBO Radio
- 6:00-8:00 pm "4 of Hearts" BBShop Quartet roaming the streets
- 6:00-8:00 pm Horse & Wagon Rides
- 6:00-8:00 pm Pet the Alpacas from Alpacalachin Farms - Ahwaga Park, Front Street
- 6:00-7:00 pm Pastor Terry Steenburg on his trumpet - strolling streets
- 6:05 pm - Cruisin' Car Buddies Light Parade (route starts at County Office Building parking lot, 56 Main, to left on Front, to left on Church, to left on Main, to left on Lake Street.)
- 6:00-6:30 pm Zion Lutheran School Kids' sing at the TC Historical museum, 110 Front Street
- 6:30-7:30 pm Owego Apalachin Middle School Music Dept. to perform at TC Historical Museum
- 7:30-9:00 pm Owego Free Academy Music Dept. to perform at TC Historical Museum
- 6:15-6:45 pm Youth Choirs of the Owego United Methodist Church - on south Courthouse Square steps
- 6:30-7:30 pm Maloney Memorial Bag Pipe Band - roaming the streets
- 6:30-7:30 pm Santa Claus will be roaming the streets throughout the night and in the Giant Snow Globe for photo ops.
- 6:30-8:30 pm OFA Brass Quintet - The Goat Boy, Front Street
- 6:00-6:30 pm Terpsi Dancers at M&T Bank Plaza
- 6:45-7:45 pm "Valley Harmony" BB Shop Quartet roaming throughout the streets
- 7:00-8:00 pm Will Stafford, Juggler - strolling streets
- 8:00 pm - FIREWORKS! - Off of Draper Park, Front Street
The entertainment this year is made possible, in part, with public funds from the New York State Council on the Arts' Decentralization Program administered locally by THE ARTS Council of the Southern Finger Lakes."
Sidewalk Offerings and Refreshments:
- 5:00-8:00 pm Owego Fire Dept. Training Facility booth - serving hot refreshments & playing music, in front of Tri-Town Insurance, Front Street
- 5:30-8:00 pm Royal Automotive - displaying new cars & offering refreshments at the Bridge
- 3:00-8:00 pm The Elks' Lodge offering chili, hot dogs, and water for sale outdoors. Also, Antiques & Collectibles Emporium will be open with 45-50 dealers - filled with holiday treasures!
- 5:30-8:00 pm St. Patrick's School serving snacks in front of the Black Cat Gallery, Front Street
- 5:30-8:00 pm Johnson's Pools & Spas Bake Sale at Courthouse Square
- 5:30-8:00 pm Cellar Restaurant, selling hot soup in front of building, 196 Front Street
- 5:30-8:00 pm Owego Kiwanis Club - serving hot chocolate and donut holes - in front of the John Barleycorn, Front Street
- 5:30-8:00 pm Owego Rotary Club - serving hot cider by Riverow Bookshop, Front St.
- 5:30-8:00 pm Mr. Check Guy, Jackson Hewitt, Courthouse Square - coupons and refreshments
- 5:30-8:00 pm Greater Tioga County Loving Education at Home - serving Christmas cookies at M&T Bank, Lake Street
- 6:00-8:00 pm Glow Toys by Dave McNamara - strolling
- 5:30-8:00 pm Four Salvation Army Kettles - placed throughout downtown.
Click HERE for a map of downtown parking areas. All stores and restaurants will be open. Stop in for dinner, drink or dessert and browse the stores throughout the village for superb holiday merchandise!